WestConn Serials and Publications
Scope and Content Note
While it is difficult to determine if this collection includes all the catalogs, yearbooks and other related University publications of this kind, it provides a fairly comprehensive assemblage. Issues of the yearbook that the archive does not own are indicated in the scope note for that series.
- Creation: 1904-2008
- Western Connecticut State University. (Organization)
Open for research without restrictions.
Permission to publish materials must be obtained in writing from the:
Ruth A. Haas Library
Archives and Special Collections
181 White Street
Danbury, CT 06810
Western Connecticut State University is a public state university in Danbury, Connecticut. It was founded in 1903 as the Danbury Normal School and is known as WestConn, Western and WCSU. It began as a teacher's college and has evolved to include arts and sciences, business, nursing, music performance, and social work.
50 Linear Feet (Inlcudes boxed publications and loose bound volumes.)
Language of Materials
This collection is an inventory of the yearbooks, course catalogs (with related supplements), academic journals, alumni newsletters, view books, registration booklets and other miscellany published by WestConn.
The files are grouped into 6 series:
- Unbound Course Catalogs
- Bound sets and single volumes of Course Catalogs
- Registration Booklets
- Course Offerings - Oversize circulars
- Western Matters
Most yearbooks and catalogs were maintained as serials in the catalog.
General Physical Description note
15 linear feet
- WestConn Serials and Publications Catalogs, Yearbooks, View Books, Registration Booklets and Academic Journals
- Unverified Full Draft
- Mary Rieke and Jamie Cantoni and Archives staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Description is in English.