Search

Search Constraints

Start Over You searched for: Subject College buildings Remove constraint Subject: College buildings

Search Results

Collection
Wittemann, A. (Adolph), 1845-1938
The collection consists of prints of various Yale and New Haven, Connecticut buildings and grounds taken by Adolph Wittemann for the souvenir publication "New Haven and Yale University." Included are views of Woolsey Hall, College Row, the New Haven Green, East Rock, Temple Street, and Sheffield Scientific School.
Collection
Yale University. Department of Astronomy
The records consist of correspondence, letter books, financial papers, reports, and recommendations documenting the period of planning and construction of the Astronomical Observatory, also known as the Yale University Observatory. Notable contributors to the records include Leonard Waldo, astronomer in charge of the Horological Bureau of the Observatory; Robert Brown, secretary of the Board of Managers; and Hubert A. Newton, director of the observatory.
Collection
Gulliver, Charles A.
The materials consist of photographs of Yale and New Haven, Connecticut in the late nineteenth-century. Included are views of various student rooms, academic buildings, and well-known university and New Haven scenes. Some photographs are of other institutions, including Princeton, Dartmouth, Harvard, and Vassar. Also inclued is a photograph of Charles A. Gulliver's college book store on Chapel Street.
Collection
Yale University. Physics Department
The records consist of reports and administrative files of the Yale Department of Physics documenting the Wright Nuclear Structure Laboratory and the construction of the Sloane Physics Laboratory. Also included is a library circulation book. Accession 2014-A-0074 contains the records of David Allan Bromley, who was Associate Director of the Heavy Ion Accelerator Lab from 1960 to 1963. He was the founder, and from 1963 to 1989, the Director, of Yale's A. W. Wright Nuclear Structure Lab. From 1970 to 1977, he was Chairman of the Physics Department. In 1972, he was appointed the Henry Ford II Professor of Physics and was in this position until 1993.