- Lawrence, Joseph Jeremiah, -1871?
- Chiefly ships' logs and accounts for nine ships on which Lawrence was master between 1842 and 1865. These were engaged in the trans-Atlantic and South American trade, and the log book for the ship Hindoo also contains passenger lists with place of birth and occupation for passengers from England to the United States. Also in the papers are family account books and financial papers (1868-1902).
- 1.25 Linear Feet
- Rules or conventions:
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Scope and Content:
The Joseph Jeremiah Lawrence Papers consist entirely of bound volumes of ships' logs and accounts. There are abstract logs and journals for seven ships on which Lawrence served between 1845 and 1863, as well as a log book kept during 1865-1866. The financial papers include account books for six ships, a business day book and a ledger for stocks and bonds, and a family cash book. The volumes are arranged chronologically.
- Biographical / Historical:
Joseph J. Lawrence was master of various vessels sailing between New York and Liverpool and other English ports.
- Shipping -- Connecticut -- New London
- America (Ship)
Isaac Hicks (Ship)
Lawrence, Joseph Jeremiah, -1871?
- New London (Conn.) -- Commerce
United States -- Emigration and immigration