The one hundreth anniversary of the Wapping Congregational Meeting House : erected 1801 and occupied 1802 in South Windsor, Connecticut

Dublin Core

Description

34 p., [3] leaves of plates : ill., port. 26 cm

Abstract

A program of the celebration of the one hundredth anniversary of the building of the Wapping Congregational Meeting House in South Windsor, Connecticut. It contains the program of the ceremonies and several papers on the history of the Congregation church in the area dating back to the 18th century.


The Church in Wapping, a section of South Windsor, was built in 1801 and initially served several denominations. The Baptists and Methodists later founded their own churches, so that by 1817, only the Congregationalists remained. They eventually organized as the Second Congregational Church in South Windsor in 1830. The Congregationalists later merged with the Methodists to found the Wapping Federated Church, which became the Wapping Community Church in 1936. The original appearance of the church is not known. It was altered to its current Greek Revival style in 1849.

http://historicbuildingsct.com/?cat=9
October eleventh and twelfth, nineteen hundred & two.
Pagination irregular pages 9 and 10 repeated

Date

[ 1902]

Has Version

Identifier

b30921557
F104.S56 Wxx 1902

Files

ONE-HUNDRETH-ANNIVERSARY001.jpg
ONE-HUNDRETH-ANNIVERSARY002.jpg

Collection

Citation

Wapping Congregational Church (Wapping, Conn.). “The one hundreth anniversary of the Wapping Congregational Meeting House : erected 1801 and occupied 1802 in South Windsor, Connecticut.” Rare Books. WCSU Archives, 9 July 2019. Accessed on the Web: 21 Sep. 2019.

Geolocation

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page

Item Relations

This item has no relations.